(did you know if you click on an image it will automatically pop up as enlargement on your screen?)
This is a mixed media page I recently finished. Turquoise is my favorite color so I use it a lot in my work, I can't help myself. Well, I can but I don't want to. LOL
Here's a photo of the finished 12 inch X 12 inch page
I took this photo with my phone and I placed the page on my dining room table so the quality of the photo isn't the best because lighting in my house isn't the best.
Some close ups...
This circular element is actually a stencil - using black Archival Ink I "painted" the face of the stencil and reverse printed it on my background paper (watercolor paper).
The orange "dots" you see are Stickles. Stickles add sparkle and color to a work; it can add that little extra somethin' somethin'.
The words you see added to the page are rub-ons by Tim Holtz (Ranger)
The feathers are from a Stampin' Up! set of stamps and matching dies. The round "beads" you see are cardstock that were embossed several times with Ranger's Antiquities embossing powders. The blue shade of turquoise "bead" was made using the Turquoise color of powder and the green shade of turquoise "bead" was made using the Verdigris color of powder. These powders are awesome, if you saw these beads in person you'd see that these powders produce a very realistic rendering of turquoise rock.
I also used some Stickles on the center veins of the feathers.
I had fun preparing the background paper, I did it with watercolors and various stamp images.
The centers of the round stamped images are embossed "cabachons" created with those same embossing powders.
Hope you enjoy it, too!
And THANKS for stopping by!









It was beautiful when I saw it "in progress" but now it is gorgeous! I can just see you in your workroom putting those special touches on this page. Go find a table! :-)
ReplyDeleteAs usual, a beautiful page!!! I love your work. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete